Paid social media is just one of the many forms of advertising that brands have to master if they are to remain competitive in today’s online marketing arena. Advertising on social media has a lot of branding potential for companies as it can be used to not only promote their products but also make a more personal connection with their customers.
What is organic social media?
Organic social media refers to the “free” content (posts, photos, videos, memes, Stories, etc.) that all users, including businesses and brands, share with each other on their feeds.
What is paid social media?
Paid social media can be a tricky area to navigate, especially since the rules of the game keep changing. With that being said, it’s still worthwhile for businesses to jump into paid social, especially on the new rising social media networks.
Organic vs Paid social media
Organic social media will help you:
- Establish and grow your brand’s presence where people are already spending their time
- Support and retain existing customers
- Convert new customers by showing them what you’re about
Paid social media will help you:
- Reach a larger number of people
- Target your ideal customer more precisely
- Hit your business goals faster
Alex is a co-founder of a digital marketing agency. His specialty is in overall digital marketing strategy, social media advertising, search engine advertising, search engine optimization, and conversion rate optimization.